FYI I'm a firm believer in body clocks. Ever since I can remember I have never liked getting up. I don't drink coffee (which might help) and just need a little "time" to be well....awake. Of course I had to get up with children (but I was never really fully awake) and I worked for several years. But I found a job as a legal secretary where I could work the hours I liked.
When my older two kids were in 7th grade they requested that I NOT get up with them anymore. I have no idea why, but I was really relieved.
Now that we are retired if I let myself follow my real "body clock" I will stay up until 2 am or so, and then get up between 10-11 am. I'm getting the required 8-9 hours of sleep----just different hours. AND....I wake up happier!! I know many people who just love mornings and are chirpy (PA-LEESE) and gung ho to go.
I can get up early whenever I need to and I'm ALWAYS an on-time person. But if I have choice, you will find me sleeping peacefully..........until I get up for breakfast at 11 am!!!
A Life Not Wasted
12 years ago

4 comments:
Many folks would operate on this kind of schedule if they could. I can usually stay up late but sleeping in past 7:30 is impossible. You hear about studies and the importance of sleep and I think there is a lot to it. But some folks just don't need as much and some folks need more. David used to need a lot more but he's adjusting to the demands of parenthood and has given up and "making up" that lost sleep. Glad you are getting your 8 hours in!
I am SO not a morning person!! When I was at Boarding School one of my room mates was a morning person, singing, making cheery "Goodmorning!"conversation and all! I used to plan ways to tape her mouth shut during the night so she would be quiet in the mornings!!! :) Would love to have your schedule. Sometimes my first thought when I wake up is....when is the next chance I'll have to sleep! Sad, huh?
No Sylvia, it's NOT sad. I so totally get it! I think if everyone could wake & sleep to their true "body-clock" we'd all sleep and wake at different hours, and feel much happier and energetic! I'm so glad you are not a morning person either!! :-)
Lynn, you are very beautiful person no matter when you get up!
We love you,
Grady and Lyanne
Post a Comment