I had lunch today at my friend Laura Lee Flynn's house. It was so delightful! We had a fabulous sandwich (home-made bread) and a wonderful fruit salad!! We talked & talked and had a grand time. I was there for almost 4 hours and the time just flew! I love going to lunch or going out to lunch with friends.
But here's the funny part.....or sad part, depending on your point-of-view. I have a kind of panic-disorder whenever I meet someone the FIRST time alone. After I've known someone, and I'm comfortable, then it's ok. But I can only think of one time when I've to meet with someone for the first time, but it was a family situation and I wasn't alone. When I think over my friendships in my life I think in every instance the person has sought me out first and made the first appointment or whatever. I know the ladies at Trish's or even my Sat. night dominoe group would find this odd.
So I've known Laura for years, and she's mentioned several times we should get together, and I've always said yes, but never made the first move. Last night at book-talk group she asked me to come for lunch and I said yes......even though I knew I would dread it at first.....because I really wanted the opportunity to have her for a friend. Why am I like this? I don't know.
But I had the most marvelous time and I hope we do it again. But she will probably have to ask. Weird, huh?
A Life Not Wasted
12 years ago

3 comments:
I think most people share your view. I'm an "asker" and "initiator" because I just assume that someone has to be that person. And, honestly, most people are thrilled when they don't have to do it. So, I don't think you are weird or alone on this. But glad you had a great time!
I am so glad you went! I knew you could do it and I KNEW you would hit it off. Miss Laura is so incredibly sweet!! I hope you all are fast friends!
I'm glad you had a great time. I used to be more of the "asker" but over time and busyiness, I've withdrawn more. Hope to see you again soon.
Post a Comment